How do I get a copy of my DD-214?

If you have ever registered you Discharge paperwork with the county then they will have a copy of it at the recorders office. If you have not then check with your County Veteran Service Officer. If they do not have a copy of it they can help you fill out a request for Military Records using a standard form 180 (SF-180). You can go to www.VA.Gov, or You can also look up "SF-180" on your internet search engine. If you use your internet search engine please ensure you use the copy that is on the VA Website, This will ensure that you have the most up to date form.

Show All Answers

1. How do I get a copy of my DD-214?