The State Examiners will resume Written and Road testing beginning Friday, January 7th, 2022 here in Waseca and the 1st Friday of every month thereafter (unless closed).
Class D Written (Knowledge) and Road (Skills) tests are by Appointment only. You may begin scheduling these appointments as of Thursday, December 23, 2021.
They do allow Walk-Ins for Commercial Testing. Check in at the East Annex Large Conference Room across from the Courthouse. You can go online to https://drive.mn.gov/ to schedule a Class D Written or Road test under Appointments and you can also call 651-284-1234 to schedule a Road Test only.
Note: Children under 16 won’t be able to schedule a Road Test online and will need to call that number to make an appointment. Please bring all necessary paperwork when testing along with a parent or guardian if under age 18.
State Identification Card
- Submit proof of identity and verification of physical disability or mental disability.
- Photo taken.
Renewal/First Application $21.50
Senior Citizen (65 over) $20.75
Special Fee* $ 0.50
Drivers License Duplicate
- Submit proof of identity.
- May test vision & take photos.
- Applicants under 18 of age must have the application signed by parent or guardian and their signature must be notarized.
- Fee: $17.00
Drivers License Renewal
- Submit current drivers license.
- Vision and peripheral test and a photo is taken.
- Applicants under 18 years of age must have the application signed by parent or guardian and their signature must be notarized.
Class A $51.00
Class B $43.00
Class C $36.00
Class D $32.00
Add $13 for renewal of motorcycle endorsement.