MN wetland areas are regulated by the Wetland Conservation Act (WCA).  Draining, filling or altering a wetland will require a permit or some other authorization in almost all cases throughout the state.  Applicants will often need to show efforts to avoid wetlands and may be required to replace drained or filled wetland area; this includes projects such as digging a pond, cleaning a drainage ditch, replacing tile, and filling in a low spot.   

Please contact the Waseca Soil and Water Conservation District (SWCD) Office prior to any wetland area drainage or filling activity.  

Waseca SWCD - Mark Schaetzke, District Manager—507-835-0623